Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Diggin' In The Crates...

(An ideal opportunity to put my useless information to work)
I was going to lead with Rap-O-Clap-O, by Joe Bataan (the first hip hop song on wax), but wanted something a little more memorable.


And there is the obvious classic; originally recorded by Strafe, but the record company didn't like it, so they gave it to Harlequin Four, who made this little travesty. The original survived and was a massive hit, to our collective benefits.


And because I can't make up my mind for anything, I'm including the original seed, the beat that started it all thanks to GC Coleman and the Winstons; It starts at ~1:43 and goes on for six whole seconds. there is the most amazing documentary on youtube about the history of the amen break.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the need to watch the dcumentary before commenting.. homework now?!?! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. its worth the watch, but i'm also addicted to breakbeat, so I might be biased.

    ReplyDelete